1. I first heard of Refresh Art Award because my university, Wimbledon College of Art, shared the opportunity on our blog . I was drawn to the way the Refresh Art Award showcases all of the artwork that was entered.
2. The exhibition was a highlight for me. We had a great exhibition space and it all looked fab! I enjoyed meeting all the other artists on the private view night.
3. My advice would be to definitely apply because it’s totally worth it to be featured on the online shop for a few months! Whether you manage to sell or not, it’s just more exposure which is always a good thing.
4. Ambition, drive and resilience! You have to enjoy what you do or there’s not a lot of point.
5. Nostalgia, hauntology, May Day, loss and time.
6. Investigating other types of ritualistic histories will form the base of my research for creating new works.